This program, offered jointly with Universidad Latina de Costa Rica, provides you with the opportunity to learn about development and culture in Latin America. This program includes a service-learning core course with two weekly sessions of community work. In addition, you will be able to improve your Spanish language skills through courses at different levels. You will be able to immerse yourself in a new culture by living with local families. If you are a student athlete Costa Rica’s weather and sports facilities offer you the possibility to keep training and staying healthy during the spring.
- Community Engagement and Sustainable Human Development in Latin America
- Culture and Development in Latin America
- Sustainable Tourism and Local Development
- Spanish courses at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels
DatesLate March-Mid June
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Preferably, completion of basic level of college Spanish or equivalent